Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Matt Logelin Signs Book Deal

I have had Matt Logelin's blog in my sidebar for awhile now. I found him through one of those "six degrees of separation" situations. Matt and his beautiful wife Liz had their baby girl about a month before I had my son. Liz saw Madeline one time. She died of a freak pulmonary embolism 27 hours after Maddy was born. Matt has been chronicling his grief and his life with Maddy on his blog. He is honest and open and posts absolutely gorgeous photos of Maddy every single day. It is hard for me to read the blog sometimes. Since becoming a mom, I find my emotions can run high. I don't even know these people and yet I get so upset at the injustice of Liz never getting to experience this beautiful little girl with her loving husband.

Matt recently signed a book deal. Here is the announcement from Publisher's Weekly:

"Maddy & Me

Pitched as The Last Lecture meets Marley & Me, Matt Logelin’s Adventures with Maddy: A Memoir of Love, Loss and the Extraordinary Community That Healed Us, went at auction to Amanda Englander at Grand Central. Rachel Sussman and Eve Bridburg of Zachary Shuster Harmsworth brokered the deal for North American rights. In the book, Logelin, who started a blog and founded the Liz Logelin Foundation after his wife died 72 [sic] hours following the birth of their daughter, offers advice on, and his own experiences, dealing with grief and loss. Per Grand Central, the auction was “heated,” with seven publishers vying for the book."

I am so looking forward to reading it. Matt's blog posts make me laugh and cry every time I read them. I'm sure his book will do the same thing. Do yourself a favor. Go check out his blog.

Also, Matt has created a foundation for widows and widowers with small children needing financial assistance. He encourages people to donate on the 7th of each month. I feel so blessed that I not only have a beautiful healthy child but I am around to see him grow up and my husband is as well. That is all the treasure I need.

No comments: