Saturday, July 23, 2005

Okay, I have a gripe. I have been wanting to get some new technical clothing for hiking and climbing. They have had good sales at all the stores lately so I thought I'd check them out. My first stop was the North Face store. Now, in the regular retail world, I usually wear a 10 or 12 in bottoms. Today, I'm wearing a pair of size 12 pants from Urban Outfitters and they are baggy.

Well...

At the North Face store, I stocked up on shorts and pants in size 12 and couldn't get a single pair to even come up to my waist. They were too small. And they didn't have any bigger sizes. So, I went down and checked out the sale at EMS. Again, I grabbed pants and shorts in size 12. I even grabbed a pair of North Face shorts in a size 14. Well, all the size 12 items wouldn't even go up to my waist. The size 14 would go on but I had to suck in to get the shorts closed. There were no sizes larger than 12 in any of the other items. I finally gave up.

Do they just think...."oh, you're a fatty so you don't need technical clothing"...at these stores? Honestly, what is the deal? I know I'm a big girl but don't I deserve to be able to find clothes in reasonable sizes? It just makes me feel bad.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

that sucks. I hate it when stuff like that happens. have you looked online? maybe they have a better selection of sizes and styles online (sometimes it's just the style that doesn't fit, not the size)

Ellen said...

I think you are right. I seem to remember my hiking-addicted brother-in-law saying something about that once.

I know that Gap clothing sizes drive me bananas. Size 0? What is up with that?