Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ch-ch-ch-Changes

I've been working on cleaning out my desk and my locker. After five years, there is a lot of stuff to clean out.

I started this job when I was 25. I remember joking that I would never work at the library long enough to get vested. "By that time, I would be thirty!" It seemed like a million years away. And in some ways, it was. I was at a very different place when I was 25. I thought the library would be my stop-gap job while I looked for another museum job. And now it is five years later. I'm thirty and I've been through four relationships and several dating situations since I first started. I had just moved into my house a few months before starting my job.

After next week, my home of six years will begin to be dismantled. I will no longer be reporting for duty at 8:30am anymore at the library. Several friends I had when I first started have disappeared. Others have gone through major life changes. It's really hard to get my mind around.

My life will really be different after next week.

No comments: