Sunday, June 11, 2006

Oops!


I am not the most graceful of people. I have a habit of tripping and falling down stairs. Of bumping my head and running into things. Well, my clumsiness has done me in again.

I was in the kitchen standing on a stepping stool putting away Pyrex dishes the other night and I dropped the lid to one of the dishes. I gasped because I could mentally see the lid breaking. Well, it didn't. Instead, it bounced off the floor and into the front of the stove where it shattered the glass in the door into a million pieces. Luckily, Gary was here and grabbed some shoes for me to put on before I got down. We spent the rest of the evening cleaning up glass. (after sequestering Toulouse in the t.v. room) Talk about a big OOPS! I'm hoping we can just get the door to the oven replaced. It's a brand new stove so I feel awful. And after all that, the Pyrex lid didn't break. They should make airplanes out of Pyrex!

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

oh, glad no one was hurt! accidents happen but that does suck!