Thursday, June 01, 2006

Veils and Bags and Fabric, Oh My!

I went on an adventure today with one of my mother's friends from high school. He used to be the head costumer for the Opera in the city. He is now retired and creates these dolls that are works of art. He has offered to make my veil and a handbag for me as a wedding gift.

We went to a part of town I haven't been to before and visited lots of cute shops. He took me to this amazing fiber arts store filled with antique lace, corset making materials, tatting, purse forms, hat forms, etc etc. I had never seen anything like it. We looked at lace for my veil and picked up a frame for my handbag. I can see how it would be very easy to get carried away with so many neat fabrics and embellishments. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

To see some of his work, go here:

Chasbatte.com

No comments: