Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. I love the escapism involved in it. You can be anyone you want to be. Someone completely outside of yourself. I typically lean towards tough female movie characters. I was Trinity from the Matrix a few years ago. Then, Vanessa from Austin Powers. My favorite costume is my Lara Croft Tomb Raider costume. The belt, holsters and guns are exact replicas. I tried to do Xena a couple of times but I never found a good costume. This year I decided to do something crazy. I found a little Bo Peep costume with a short skirt and petticoats. I then cut up a girly magazine and glued the pictures in my petticoats. When anyone asked who I was, I would lift up my skirt to reveal the pictures. I'm Little Bo Peepshow. Ha. Now that is something entirely different than my every day self. Much more daring and risque than I am in real life. That's what makes Halloween so great.




No comments: