Thursday, November 20, 2003

We've been having internet problems so I haven't been able to post any new blogs. So sorry about that.

Today I'm thinking about music. I've been listening to the soundtrack for "Love Actually" which is as charming as the film. I've always been a fan of soundtracks. My favorite soundtrack of all time is the one for "Stealing Beauty." Close runners-up are the soundtracks for "Cruel Intentions" and "Pulp Fiction." I've always thought it would be great to have a soundtrack for my life. Or a theme song. Like Ally McBeal. I've often thought that a good empowering theme song for me would be "Bitch" by Meredith Brooks. I've even had theme songs for relationships. Usually one for hello and one for goodbye. For instance, my hello song for Erik was "Since I Met You Baby" by Sam Cooke. Our goodbye song was "Music of Goodbye" by Madonna. My hello song for Nick was "Stand Up" by Def Leppard. Oddly enough, our goodbye song was "Long Long Way to Go" also by Def Leppard. (but then again, Nick was a heavy metal kind of guy) My hello song for Bill is "I'm With You" by Avril Lavigne which perfectly describes the night we met. Lately, I think of Bill when I hear "Sorta Fairytale" by Tori Amos. The other men I've dated haven't warranted songs because they were either a) losers or b)not significant enough.

Do any of you have theme songs? Or soundtracks for your life? I've always found it amazing how important music is in my life. My friend Brandon always makes me mixed CDs when I'm going through difficult life patches and they are always fabulous. Music can be so cathartic and therapeutic.



No comments: