Saturday, November 29, 2003

Well, I'm back from Texas filled with Mexican food, German food, turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings. I must have gained ten pounds.

We had 23 for Thanksgiving at my aunt's house. It was actually really nice for us all to be together again. I've never been close to my dad's family but it's not because I haven't wanted to. I've just always felt like our little part of the family were outcasts. We just didn't seem to fit in. But everyone was pretty welcoming this time. We had a good time together. And times like those make me a little wistful that we aren't all closer together. And I really do miss Texas. I always forget just how much until I go back there.

My mom's new place has a lot of potential and it will be fun to see all the changes she will make. I think she'll really enjoy living in Austin. It's such a neat city.

I have lots of thoughts whirling around in my head after my week in Texas so it will probably take several blogs to get it all out. I'd like to see one thing though.

It was really cool to see President Bush's stunt for Thanksgiving. I'm sure it was a real boost for the troops. However, I couldn't help but think that it is his fault those people are over there and not with their families right now. It really was the very least he could do. And I'm glad he did it. I don't hate President Bush. I may disagree with him and I may get mad at him but I look at him like I do some family members. We may complain about them and whine about their faults and how crazy they are, but if anyone outside of the family says anything bad about them, we'll defend them. It's one thing for me to complain about my President. It's another thing entirely for an outsider to do it. If any foreigner bad-mouthed my President, I'd be all over him like flies on poo. I like keeping things in the family.




No comments: