Thursday, September 11, 2003

Has it been two years already? It seems like 09/11/01 was only yesterday. Do you remember where you were? It was about 7:45am here in Denver. I was oversleeping and my mom called and woke me up. She said a plane had flown into one of the towers and that I needed to get up and turn on the t.v. My alarm (always set to NPR) went off about that time and the news of the second plane came on the air. The nightmare was just beginning. I still can't believe the loss we experienced. I wonder if that's what it was like for my grandparents with Pearl Harbor. Only Pearl Harbor was an open war waged by clear enemies on a military installation. It wasn't about cowards killing non-miltary innocents. At least we had a clear enemy to fight back then. And a President who could lead us effectively. A President who asked us to make REAL sacrifices and come together as a country instead of telling us to go out and shop while dividing us from each other even more.

I hope we'll all reflect today on what we lost on 9/11 but also on what we gained. I think we began to let go of our belief in our invincibility. And maybe we began to appreciate each other a bit more.

If you'd like to view a card about today, follow this link. (or cut and paste it into your browser)

http://www.egreetings.com/view.pd?i=150585261&m=7190&rr=y&source=eg999

No comments: