Wednesday, September 10, 2003

You know how some people go ga-ga over musicians or movie stars. Well, I seem to go ga-ga over political comedians. I used to love Dennis Miller but I am convinced he has been kidnapped by aliens and replaced by a pod person. What the hell happened to him anyway? I also really like Bill Maher. Very no nonsense person. But the one I really have a crush on? Al Franken. And I'm not ashamed to admit it. He's smart and funny and cute in a nerdy way. I love the way he sticks it to stuck-up conservatives like Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity. His new book is laugh-out-loud funny. But also shocking in a depressing sort of way. If he's right and Bush is really doing the negative things laid out Franken's book, we are in for a lot of trouble as a country. Will we ever see a light at the end of the recession tunnel? How many more countries will we go to war with to raise morale and popular opinion ratings for the president?

No comments: