Saturday, September 06, 2003

Reasons to stay in my job: decent pay, excellent benefits, job security, some job satisfaction (I stay busy, I like doing storytimes and creating displays and working around books. But what about my job INsecurity? The parts I don't like. I don't feel fulfilled by my job. I hate dealing with whiney customers. I hate the fact that people treat us like Blockbuster. I mean, get a frickin' book with those twenty videos and DVDs, will ya? I face some of the most uneducated people in the world in my job. They must do nothing all day but sit on their bums watching t.v. And they are getting fatter. I'm not kidding. When you check out seven DVDs and each one is one entire season of a t.v. show and you can only have one week to watch them, you won't be doing much exercising. Just a lot of sitting on your bum and eating while watching the DVDs. It really depresses me. After returning my ten-zillionth video today at work, I said to my friend and co-worker Greg, "it's all so tiresome. You can put that on my tombstone. 'It was all so tiresome.'" I was joking of course but it does feel that way sometimes.

No comments: