Thursday, September 04, 2003

Well, it's been two weeks since i started the South Beach Diet and I haven't lost an ounce. How depressing. At this rate, I'll never lose weight in time for my class reunion in October. And then I have to wonder....why do I care? Why does the opinion of these high school people still matter to me after all these years? I feel like an underachiever. I really had the momentum going coming out of high school and it seemed like I lost it somewhere in college. I misplaced my drive. I was really more interested in getting active in organizations like Amnesty, Environmetnal Action Group, Anthropology Society etc than I was going to class. Activism was more interesting than scholarship. And now I have a M.A. and I'm not employed in my field and that depresses me. It's like time and money wasted. I need a more impressive job. I mean, is "circulation clerk" really going to impress anyone at the reunion? I doubt it.

No comments: