Thursday, July 08, 2004

Okay, I'm mad. At my family. (on my father's side) We don't always see eye to eye but I love them. They know my politics and beliefs even if they pretend not to.

Last night, my cousin Molly sent me an "urgent" e-mail about supporting the Federal Marriage Amendment. She said it was critical that we do so to maintain the sacred institution of marriage. I politely responded by saying I do NOT support the Amendment and never will. That I think it violates civil rights and is wrong on many levels. She then proceeded to send me ANOTHER e-mail on the subject this morning! Now I'm pissed. I sent out an e-mail calling for action AGAINST the Federal Marriage Amendment. Only to my family. They better not send me any more of that crap.

I am so tired of fighting with everyone about religion. I am not Christian ENOUGH for the Christians and I am TOO Christian for those who are not. I can't win with you people so I don't try. I will continue to try and live my life following the example of Jesus as I see it. The only one I have to be square with is God. And as for the rest of you, you can go butt a stump. (as my mom would say)


No comments: