Tuesday, July 27, 2004

So, I finally saw "Fahrenheit 9/11" and it was just as upsetting as I thought it would be. On many levels. Although Bush is a sort of Frankenstein created by a bunch of businessman, he cannot hold full responsibility for the occurrences of the past four years. Many liberals stood by and did nothing.  Many Democrats are being funded by the same people, so they won't do anything.  Money really talks in this country and until we have real, honest-to-goodness campaign reform, I fear that nothing will change.

I can't believe I missed Clinton, Gore and Carter last night.  I have been told that Clinton's speech was truly inspirational. I read the transcript and thought it quite good. I think in this time of disillusionment, we could all use some inspiration.  I am going to go to Barnes and Noble tonight to purchase "How to Change the Worldl," a book about the new wave of social entrepreneurship. This may be just the career I've been looking for.  I hope so. Because I'd like to change the world in a positive socially-proactive way. Even if it's just a small change.

No comments: