Thursday, July 29, 2004

So,  I've been reading this new book about the secret life of sororities called PLEDGED. I wanted to read it because I was in a non-traditional sorority and wanted to see how the other half lived.  So far, the book is pretty hard to put down. It makes me a little wistful because I feel I didn't take full advantage of my sorority experience. And it seems that national sororities have some fun traditions that we didn't have. But, at the same time, there is some pretty awful stuff happening in the national Greek system.  Things I am only to happy to have avoided. In college, I wanted so much to  prove to my non-Greek friends that nothing would change that I hardly did anything with my sorority and missed out on a lot of fun stuff and some possibly great friendships.  I just didn't want the stigma of being a sorority girl.  But now, I wish I had taken advantage of that. I would have had a better time in college.

No comments: