Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Bad Way to Start the Day

Well, I am ashamed to admit this but I almost lost my temper this morning. It's been raining so I decided to go through the Starbucks drive-thru. (is that spelling right? it looks weird) Anyway, I decided to add a little something to my coffee so I asked for a bagel. The Starbucks guy said he would need to be sure they had some and that he'd be right back. So, while I am waiting for him to return, the people in front of me have already driven on. The guy behind me sees this and starts honking impatiently for me to move forward. I am still doing business over the intercom, so obviously I can't move forward yet. I gesture to the man behind me that I am still ordering and he honks again. I wanted to jump out of my car and throttle him. It was so rude! I understand that we are all in a hurry these days. And I understand that sometimes, some of us will space out and not realize that it is time to move forward. But really!!! I think some of us need a few lessons in patience! (including me)

No comments: