Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Blahs

I love the holidays. I look forward to them every year. I decorated the house over Thanksgiving and got all the packages wrapped and under the tree early last week. And now I've been experiencing the Christmas blahs. Christmas will be different this year. I miss all the holiday fun in Denver. I had my little traditions. Taking the day off and going shopping and ice-skating with my girlfriends. Going to see the lights on the 16th Street Mall downtown. Attending the "Santaland Diaries" at the Bug Theatre. And the snow. I know I need to start my own traditions here but Gary isn't really into the holidays and I don't really have friends here yet so it's hard. Gary did take me to see a performance of some holiday readings this past weekend. And I stayed at home and watched "Miracle on 24th Street" to pep me up. Now, I just have to watch "Scrooged," Albert Finney's "Scrooge," and "A Christmas Story" and I will just about be caught up.

No comments: