Monday, December 04, 2006

Bookish Things

In honor of the beginning of the first ever BookSwap (which I am so excited about!), I thought I would talk about one of the books I'm reading right now. It's called the THIRTEENTH TALE. (see sidebar) It was a little slow to get going but now I am completely hooked. I haven't been this enthralled by a book in a long time. (I think SHADOW OF THE WIND was the last book that drew me in like this) I don't want to put it down. In fact, I'm feeling a little resentful of work for getting in the way of my reading! I'll let you know if it fulfills its promise.

In other news, I was unpacking a box of new books for the library today and saw that MARCH by Geraldine Brooks had won the Pulitzer. I thought that book was absolutely awful. It should have been called DEATH MARCH because that is what it felt like to read it. Oh, well.
At least I have something good to read.

4 comments:

Genevieve said...

I didn't care too much for March, either. Which is too bad as I really liked Year of Wonders. (until the end - I thought the end was STUPID.)

Genevieve said...

oh, also! you have moved on to Dragonfly in Amber... did you like Outlander, then? My favorite has been Voyager (book 3) and I'm about halfway through the last book, a Breath of Snow & Ashes.

Amy M. said...

OUTLANDER was pretty good. It's a nice vacation-type read. Although there sure is a lot of rape and threat of rape in it. Geez Louise! I'm reading the second one at work on my breaks so it may take me a little longer.

Genevieve said...

yes, a nice vacation read... certainly not something you read for the educational value. it's an entertaining story, though, and keeps me occupied!