Monday, March 05, 2007

Starbucks and Sympathy

1) The Lenten season is upon us. I have always liked Lent because it serves to refocus me on my faith. I grew up in a non-denominational bible church and we did not give things up for Lent. So, I traditionally try to "add" something to my life rather than "take away." This year, I am reading a book about practicing one's faith in a positive way in the modern world. I'm a little behind so I need to catch up. It's good to spend time thinking about one's faith.

2) If I had to give something up for Lent, it would have to be Starbucks. That would be really really hard for me. As some of you may know, I am addicted to tall, non-fat, no whipped peppermint mochas. It just makes me feel good to clutch one of those warm cups in the morning. I also have a weakness for chocolate-chip cookies. And my "go-to" comfort food is macaroni and cheese. (in a pinch----a grilled cheese sandwich would work) If you see me going for macaroni and cheese, chances are that I need a little comforting. All of those things would be a challenge for me to give up.

3) Gary and I got dolled up on Saturday night and went to the gala opening of the Vivienne Westwood exhibit. Some of you may know that Westwood is a famous fashion designer who helped to launch the punk aesthetic. She dressed such people as the Sex Pistols. It was fun to go out and get dressed up. The goodie bags were a little disappointing. But Gary bought me a ridiculously expensive Westwood t-shirt that I adore. I'll have to post a picture of it.

I have to admit I'm a bit of a fashion junkie. I think fashion is such a wonderful form of self-expression. As such, I get drawn into such shows at PROJECT RUNWAY and AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL. I know...it's terrible...but I can't help it. I just love that stuff. I am also embarrassed to say that I was super-excited to see the season premiere of GIRLS NEXT DOOR. I don't know why life at the Playboy Mansion is so interesting to me but it just is.

No comments: