Monday, May 24, 2004

I am in a remarkably good mood today. I am finally starting to feel like myself again. It's been awhile. And I'm a lot happier than I was a month ago.

My birthday is tomorrow and I've been thinking about astrology. I do not believe in astrology at all. I've been told my sign is Gemini but I don't think that fits. Except that I do feel I have a dual nature sometime. Part of me wants to be a fashionable philanthropist with lots of money who donates most of it to local charities and worthy causes. I want to get into politics and change the world. But the other part of me wants to get rid of all the trappings of life. To live simply in a small cabin or something. Or in a hut in some South American country where I do anthropology work or some other worthy low-key pursuit. And I feel constantly torn in both directions. Just like part of me is deathly shy and the other part wants to be the life of the party. Weird.



No comments: