Tuesday, May 11, 2004

So, I survived the weekend. Barely. On Friday night, Amy H. and I took Anna out for sushi for her birthday and then headed downtown for a little dancing. We ended up at Alley Cat where Anna worked her magic and had men approaching her left and right. We had to end the night early because Amy and I had to do a Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado project at 7am on Saturday. It was a long day in full sun digging up the ornamental weed Mediterranean Sage. Then, that night, we went back to Alley Cat to celebrate Sara's birthday in the VIP area. And, as usual, I had Sunday school the next morning. Whew!

What really struck me about the weekend is how disappointing Anna and Sara's friends were. None of Anna's friends were willing to go out and celebrate her birthday. Her best friend was available but had "body issues" and didn't want to go out in public. That is the lamest thing I have ever heard. I don't know a single person without issues. Especially body issues. But when you let something like that keep you from being there for your friend, you've got problems. I had a friend like that once. She's no longer a friend. And Sara's best friend didn't show up for her party either. They are both mothers and one couldn't get a sitter. But she didn't bother to call and say she wasn't coming. The other one had a sitter lined up but was too nervous to leave her baby with anyone. Even for an hour or two. So, that left Sara without her two closest friends on her 25th birthday. These people really piss me off. Everyone I know leads a busy life. But if you don't make time for your friends, what kind of a friend are you?



No comments: