Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Do I Need a Bigger Yard?

So, some of you have seen me blog about my frustration at making new friends at the ripe old age of 31. It can be hard to get established in a new place. I have been here a year and I'm slowly making progress.

Back in Colorado, I had a core group of friends. It was small but it was quality. It was hard to leave my little group.

Well, this past weekend, we started talking about having a little event at our home for my birthday in May. We sat down and started making a list and I easily came up with 40 people and there were more names that I could add. It really surprised me. Do I really know that many local people? Will they all fit in my backyard?

I think part of it is that many of them are my husband's friends. Also, it seems easier to meet people as a married couple. I don't know why that is but it seems to be true. But I have also been working really hard to join groups and get active in the community. Slowly but surely I am getting to know people better. And even though my dear friend Jen just moved away to Atlanta, I still have a possibility of 40 people at my birthday party. Not too shabby.

No comments: