Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Where Have You Been All My Life?!


I was in Anthropologie not too long ago and saw this blouse in the window that I instantly fell in love with. It is by a designer called Vera that the store just started carrying. But, being Anthropologie, the blouse costs $128. So I did what any self-respecting fashionista would do and I headed over to eBay. Well, I didn't find my blouse but I found out so much much more! It turns out that Vera (as in Vera Neumann or Vera Ladybug) was a big designer of clothes and linens in the 50's and her prints have been bought up and are being re-released in a new line. I am such a fan of bold prints and colors and now I think I am obsessed with collecting vintage Vera pieces. It melds my love of prints/colors with my love of vintage things. Vera---where have you been all my life?! A designer after my own heart!

No comments: