Monday, May 07, 2007

the Cat Food Revolution



Okay, this is a really random post but...

My cat is very finicky about wet cat food. He only gets Science Diet food in dry form and then, as a treat, he gets a small can of Science Diet Savory Cuts on Sunday morning. Basically, he just licks the sauce off and leaves the rest. He will not eat wet food that plops out in the shape of the can. It has to have sauce.

Well, Toulouse's regular treat food has been recalled. No more Savory Cuts. We were wondering what to do. Last week, we tried a can of Fancy Feast. Toulouse couldn't get away from it fast enough. So, we headed to our local non-chain pet food store for advice.

There is a new brand that we found that I was instantly attracted to because of the packaging. TIKI CAT!!! It is full of fresh seafood which is even dolphin-safe! There were flavors like "Ahi Tuna" and "Sardine Cutlets in Lobster Consomme." We're sushi lovers so it actually sounded a little mouth-watering even to us. We stood there in the aisle shaking the cans to see which ones were the sloshiest. (because he won't eat it if it is too tightly packed) I'm sure we looked insane.

The verdict:
He chomped it right down. Victory! I guess my cat is a Tiki cat!

6 comments:

Jasclo said...

Aww! Adorable. I'm glad he liked it. We give our cats about a tablespoon of tuna once in a while. Otherwise they just get dry Science Diet too -- the high fiber stuff.

Amy M. said...

Hi Jasclo! Thanks for checking in. I hope you are doing okay. I've been thinking about you!

Literary Feline said...

Maybe I should look for the Tiki Cat. My Parker is the same way with wet food. The juice is his favorite part. He only gets wet food maybe two or three times a week and mostly he eats dry food.

When we would leave him with our vet overnight, the vet's assistant would always get on us for not feeding him wet food. He may have ate it at the vet's office, but when we would feed it to him at home, he would barely touch it. And it was the same brand they used! I don't think the assistant ever believed me.

Amy M. said...

Hi LitFeline!

I know. Aren't cats funny? I swore to Gary up and down that Toulouse would not touch Tiki Cat and he gobbled it up with no hesitation. If you can find it, it's worth a try!

Bookfool said...

How cute! Cats are so funny! I have one who loves wet food and snacks on dry. The other likes dry but sometimes craves wet. And, woe to she who tries to give a cat the wrong thing at the wrong moment. Mine will yowl you to your knees. I love 'em, though. :)

Amy M. said...

Bookfool--
Your comment made me laugh because Toulouse meowed at me quite indignantly this morning about food. Cats know what they want!!!