So, Bookfool tagged me for this meme.
Here are the rules:
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged: write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged and remind them to read your blog.
It's going to be hard to find eight weird things about me since I have already posted the 100 THINGS ABOUT ME. (see sidebar) I'll give it a shot.
1. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child....(just kidding)
I actually grew up on the poor side of an affluent neighborhood in Dallas. It was 99.99% white. My best friend was Jewish and got harassed in high school. I got in several fights about this. A football player threatened to hit me one time.
2. Besides the unexceptional fear of being alone, I have some odd fears as well. Mariachis make me uncomfortable and I am scared of cyborgs. I think the Borg on Star Trek are really scary. I went through a haunted house with my friend Dave one time and they had a Borg room. I actually trampled my friend Dave to get out of the room. Not my proudest moment.
3. I grew up in a big church that would put on lavish musicals. As a child, I was the star in many of them. This probably fueled my secret desire to go into musical theater. Too bad I didn't have the talent. (I still love singing showtunes today)
4. I have never owned a video game console but I used to love going to Dave and Buster's to blow off steam playing games. I actually had a GOLD PowerCard.
5. Sometimes, I wish I was Lara Croft.
6. I have bizarre and irrational pet peeves. For example, it enrages me when people back into parking spaces instead of entering them the "correct" way. I call those people "rear-enders."
7. One time, a door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman conned and intimidated me into buying an $1800 vacuum cleaner. I consider myself a pretty strong woman so this really threw me for a loop. I eventually came to my senses and demanded that the contract be cancelled. I left the vacuum cleaner on the front porch until he came and got it.
8. Even though most people would say differently, I am an extremely shy person. Every time I go into a situation with new people, I have to draw on my old acting ability to get through it. I PRETEND to be an outgoing person. Kind of a "fake it til you make it" strategy. But it is very wearing on me and it takes a lot of effort for me to be social sometimes.
Thought of a few more...
9. I took clowning lessons for awhile and developed my own makeup and persona. It was really fun.
10. I never took ballet and was never involved in any team sports. Instead, as a child I took tap lessons and acting lessons and went on cultural excursions and attended science camp. Now you know why I am the way I am.
Okay, that's it for now. I'm gonna tag Vieve.