Thursday, June 14, 2007

Don't Stand So Close to Me

Well, what can I say? For a bunch of old farts, the POLICE can still really rock the house! It was great. Sting looks exactly the same. Not one saggy wrinkly bit that I could see. And Stewart would look the same too if he dyed his hair. Andy was looking a little old but he could still rip on that guitar.

They opened with "Message in a Bottle" and played three encores. Gary most wanted to hear "Walking on the Moon" and I most wanted to hear "So Lonely." We got them both.

The great thing about a reunion tour is that you don't have to hear any new crap. It's ALL old stuff. And it's still good after all these years. We really enjoyed ourselves. The only negative was the ENORMOUS crowd. It took us 30-45 minutes just to fight our way through the crowd to our seats. And don't even get me started on the chaos at the food and vendor areas. I don't do well with crowds. All the people pushing against you and shoving you. Awful. It was worth it, though.

Read Stewart's funny account of their first reunion gig here.

When I heard the Police Greatest Hits album in high school, I felt like they were talking directly to me. Since I was suffering a bit from depression, "King of Pain" really spoke to me. By the time I got to college, I was a complete Sting/Police convert. In fact, my sorority nickname was "Sting." I'm not the rabid fan that I used to be but the Police (and solo Sting) will always have a place in my heart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! I had the biggest crush on Sting when I was in high school.

And it's great to know the show was good. Sometimes reunion shows are depressing.

Literary Feline said...

I'm so jealous! I am glad you had such a good time, Malady. I really enjoy the Police and would have loved to see them in concert.