Monday, February 09, 2004

So, I actually had a pretty good weekend. I went with my friend Sara to a "Sex and the City" party downtown. It was a bit of a fiasco at first since we couldn't get in but I always have a good time with Sara. Maybe it's because of all the alcohol she gets us to consume. When Sara is around, it just keeps flowing.

On Saturday night, my partner in crime, Amy H., took me out on the town. We had a lovely dinner at Maggiano's. We were supposd to meet up with the hashers at the Breckenridge Brewery at 8:00pm and still had some time so we stopped in at Red Square. Since we know the owner and one of the waiters fairly well, we got a warm welcome. And we consumed six shots of instilled vodka between the two of us in ten minutes. For free. Because, after all, we are "the Amys." Then, we headed to the Breck and had a great time with the hashers. I always have such fun with Amy because I feel like it is easy to be myself around her. She is such an easy-going fun person.

My Junior League service project on Sunday was something of a fiasco. I had worried a lot about it and I'm just glad it's pretty much over. Although I'm still exhausted from it. I need a nice long nap. Or maybe another night out in downtown Denver. I haven't gotten to do that in a long time and it was chance to let the old "Amy" out again. I miss that side of myself.


No comments: