Wednesday, February 18, 2004

So, I want to talk about music today. I received a delightful surprise in the mail yesterday. Another wonderful CD mix from my dear friend Brandon in Dallas. As a special Valentine's gift for me. Brandon has been making me CDs for years. In fact, they used to be mixed tapes. He seems to have the uncanny ability to know what I will like. In the past few months, he has made me three great CDs. I love listening to them in the car. I think I may put Brandon in charge of music for my funeral because I know he'd pick something good that I would like.

I did something a little unorthodox. I bought a CD without knowing anything about it. It's by a young girl named Nellie McKay. A review described her as Doris Day meets Eminem. I was intrigued. I just got it today. It is a very eclectic mix so far and I'm not sure yet how much I like it but I DO like the fact that it is different and original.

I love finding new music. I think I've mentioned before how I'd like to have a soundtrack for me life. There really are songs for every occasion in life. Music can also be especially comforting. Kind of like books. It's nice to know there are other people out there who feel what you do and can put it to words AND music.

I'm proud of myself. I actually went to the gym today. I was huffing and puffing and generally pathetic but at least I was there. Now, if I can just stay motivated.




No comments: