Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Spa Night

About a week ago, I went to my monthly Woman's Club meeting. The theme for the event was "Spa Night." The ladies on the committee had gotten some local vendors to come and do mini-makeovers, massages, manicures etc. I managed to recruit two friends to come to the event. And I had such a good time. It made me realized how much I crave having some girlfriends to do things with. Since I love bath products, I got some yummy smelling bath salts at the event. I also threw my name in a couple of raffles. Well, I just got a call that I won the Mary Kay gift basket. Now, I have never used Mary Kay because it was my understanding that they test on animals. I spoke quite frankly about that to the Mary Kay ladies who were there. They told me that Mary Kay is now PETA-approved and that they do not test on animals anymore. Does anyone know if that is true? Anyway, if it is true, I figured I'd give them a try. Wrinkles are really starting to form on my face. I try to be vigilant about sunscreen every day but I think I am just too expressive in my facial expressions.

I spent some time last night working on knitting projects. I have quite a few in the works...

1) My first sock (ever)....I'm working my way to the toe
2) Gary L.'s secret birthday gift
3)a diamond skinny scarf for myself
4) a present for my mother which is taking FOR-EVER
5) a prayer shawl for a friend....I made a mistake and chose acrylic for this one because I thought the color was pretty and it is super-scratchy. I'm thinking I may just frog the whole thing

I have my last knitting classes this weekend. For one of them, we will be learning how to cable. Once I'm done with these classes, I'm going to try my first sweater. I was going to do Knit and Tonic's Marilyn's Not-so-Shruken cardigan but I think I'm going to do her Sizzle pattern instead. I'm just waiting for the yarn to arrive. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: