Thursday, January 18, 2007

Zeus Empathy

Well, I went to my first Junior League meeting with the new group I just transferred into. Everyone was really nice. I think I will like being a part of a smaller League. There are less than 200 women in this group. I have never had any success making friends in all the Leagues I have been a part of. It tends to be a bit clique-ish. And if you are in a large League, it's easy to get lost in the crowd.

While I was there, I started to get a crushing headache. I was twenty miles from home. So, I decided to leave the meeting early. I called Gary and told him I might not make it home. I was thinking about pulling over and letting him come and get me. The headache was getting to the point that it was nausea-inducing. I've had migraines before and this was pretty close. I made it home and Gary put me to bed and took care of me. He told me, "Don't worry. Your home now. I will take care of you." And that was the greatest thing ever. To feel safe and taken care of. Especially when you feel like Zeus right before Athena popped out of his head.

I'm feeling better today although I have some residual crud. I feel a little loopy and I have some light sensitivity. But I'm on the mend.

I saw that the first BookSwap package has arrived. How exciting! I can't wait to see what everyone gets!

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Oh, I'm so glad you liked the new League! You know, there are nearly 2000 members in the JLW, and it's taken me 3 years as a member to make any sort of actual friends. (someone I talk to outside of League events, I mean.) So I hope the smaller League will be much better for that!