Friday, January 19, 2007

MEPHISTO CLUB

Well, I just finished THE MEPHISTO CLUB by Tess Gerritsen. The writing is not very sophisticated. I would put it on a par with the DA VINCI CODE. That being said, the book is pretty entertaining and a quick read. It would be a good book to take on vacation. This is the first Gerritsen book that I have read and I think the main characters have been in other books of hers as well. The plot centers around a possible Satan-worshipping serial killer and questions the nature of evil as it posits the theory that demons actually walk the earth.

I was drawn to the book because I love movies and suspense stories that deal with religious themes. I find symbology and alternative Christian history (Gnostic texts, Apocrypha, etc) fascinating. So, if you like these areas as well, you might find MEPHISTO CLUB enjoyable. Just don't expect much of a literary challenge. The book is more story driven than language driven.

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

I have this one among my TBR collection. I've only read one Tess Gerritsen book, Harvest, which I really enjoyed. I agree that her books are more plot driven. I find them fun and a nice getaway.