Tuesday, January 20, 2004

So, I went skiing this weekend. I forgot about how nice skiing can be. It's really quite a solitary sport. And it makes me feel empowered when I manage to get down the mountain on my own. With apologies to Britney, it becomes "me against the mountain." And the scenery can't be beat.

No more news on my stalker but today is my first day back to work. We'll see.

So, I have a question for all of you. Once you are in a relationship, can you still have friends of the opposite sex? I tried to see a movie with a male friend last night and my boyfriend blew his top. Which in turn made me very angry because I hate being controlled and told what to do. For me, it's a trust issue. Either he trusts me or he doesn't. And I even invited my boyfriend to join us but he didn't want to watch an art film. But he didn't want me to either. Because I should never be alone with a male in my house other than my boyfriend. Huh?!! It's my house, my friend, my time. This is exactly why I don't want to get married. I hate possessiveness and jealousy and I don't want to have to change for anyone. I think he really regrets ever getting on me about that.

So, am I wrong for wanting to spend time with my friends, be they male or female? Does being in a relationship mean I can no longer do things alone with my male friends? Am I being unreasonable?



No comments: