Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Another Personality Quirk

I may have mentioned this before but I am definitely a joiner.

I love joining clubs and other groups. Although I often get carried away and overextended. In high school, we were required to join a social club and a service club. I think I joined four or five. In college, I was a member of Amnesty International, Students for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the Environmental Action Group, Chapel Deacons, the Coates Center Program Board, the co-founder of the Anthropological Society and finally, the Zeta Chi sorority. I liked working in clubs better than going to class.

Now, as an adult, I have pared myself down to just a few groups. I am active in the Junior League of Denver where I serve on two committees. I am on the Board of Directors of the Young Fund of the Children's Hospital Foundation where I chair the volunteer opportunities committee. I am also active in my church with the Young Adult group and I am a member of the Wild Things Society of the Denver Zoo and the Unstrung symphony young professionals group but these groups don't require much of you. I used to be involved with the Denver Young Democrats but quit because it just got to be too much. It seems like almost every day of the week I leave work and go straight to a meeting. But I enjoy it. There is just something in psychological makeup that fuels my need to join groups. Hmmm...

No comments: