Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My friend Frank is doing a series on her blog about her personality quirks and it got me to thinking about my own. A lot of what she says rings true with me as well which is probably why we became friends within five minutes of meeting and eating ice cream together.

I have alluded to these personality quirks before but I'd like to put them together into one blog.

1. I'm a rule follower. I actually take comfort in rules. And it makes me very anxious when other people don't follow rules. This can be everything from library rules to rules of etiquette. Deep down, I just think that rules were created for us to live together more peacefully and be respectful of one another. I'm not a tattletale but I can get quite prissy when people think the rules don't apply to them. I don't particularly like this aspect of myself but I think there are worse things I could be neurotic about.

2. I have a deep-seated desire to please the people I care about. I will bend over backward to make people happy. Often to my own detriment. Sometimes I will even do this with complete strangers. I just want everyone to get along and be happy. The thought of having someone I care about angry at me is more than I can bear.

3. Although most people that know me would disagree, I am very shy. I don't handle meeting new people well. So, a lot of people see me as aloof or stuck-up when I'm really not. I just never know what to say.

4.One of my favorite things to do is to buy gifts for people. I just really really love giving presents. I think that is why I love the holiday season so much. And why I always seem to be in debt.

5. I'm not afraid of a fight. It doesn't bother me to get into an argument with someone. HOWEVER, if I get an inkling that I might have hurt someone's feelings, then I really freak out. I can't stand that. Even if it's someone who is being a big poop. There are few things I can think of that are more awful than hurting someone's feelings. Especially deliberately.

Okay, well those are the first few quirks I can think of. I'm sure there are more...

No comments: