Monday, October 31, 2005

The Inspired Blahs

I'm feeling a little down today. It's either the weather or work or my sinus infection. Or all three. But it is Halloween. My favorite holiday. Tonight I am going to see a special horror show at the Buntport theater with a few friends and that should be fun.

We have a big election tomorrow. My state senator has really been rallying the troops. I love that guy. Today, he sent out an e-mail with the following:

"A good man was at his place of worship, praying to God.

He said, "Lord there is so much trouble in the world. There is injustice, poverty, conflict and violence. Lord, please send someone to help...please."

God spoke. He said, "I did. I sent you."

I really love that. I think that all too often we forget that change has to start with us. I tend to get my best ideas when I'm driving around and lately I've been pondering the problem of homelessness. I would love to be able to start up a program that helps people get back on their feet. If I could just win Powerball, I'd have the money to do it! Maybe once I get to California...

No comments: