Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Oops! I missed the other cyber-tags. I'm new to this so bear with me.

10 years ago: I was 20 years old and facing a major fallout with my group of friends at the time for something I didn't do. It taught me a lot about loyalty and trust and what to really look for in a friend. A very unfortunate time in my life. But a good learning experience.

5 years ago: I was dating someone who didn't really know who I was. But then again, he didn't know who he was either. He tried to control me and was very cold and distant. But I realized what I wanted and deserved in a relationship. And, thankfully, he dumped me after four years so I could finally be free to pursue something better.

1 year ago: A little more than a year ago, I met my fiance, Gary. I went to New Mexico for an event with a girlfriend. I just wanted all men to cut me a wide berth. And then I met this really sweet guy who I started corresponding with through e-mail. Who knew we would be engaged a year later?

Yesterday: I watched it snow outside the window at work and trudged through the slush at lunchtime to get Indian food with my buddy Greg.

5 Snacks I Enjoy: Cheesy Goldfish crackers, mixed nuts, Canada Dry lemon/lime sparkling water, chocolate chip cookie, Granny Smith apples

5 Songs I Know All The Words To: most Tori Amos songs, most Tom Petty songs, most Heather Combs songs, most Sting songs, most Nat King Cole songs

5 Things I'd Do With 100 Million Dollars:-pay off every debt and loan I have, plan for my mother's future so that she is taken care of, buy a house for me and Gary in the Bay Area, get Gary a new car, start my own non-profit for better housing

5 Places I'd Run Away To: Texas, Italy, Mexico, Aspen, ?

5 Things I'd Never Wear:-Real fur, anything too revealing, a Republican campaign shirt/button, strong perfume, large rings on my fingers

5 Favorite T.V. Shows:-Arrested Development, Lost, House, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Desperate Housewives, Family Guy (I know that's more than five but, hey, I like these shows!)

5 Biggest Joys:-being with Gary, playing with my cat Toulouse, going to bible study, volunteering, shopping for gifts for the people I love

What is Cool In My Place... Well, I'd have to say that my cat Toulouse is the coolest thing in my place. But I truly love my house. I especially like my collection of Guatemalan textiles (huipiles) I have hanging from my inner balcony.

Okay, Vieve, you have to answer these too...

4 comments:

Genevieve said...

cutie cute Toulouse!

ok, will answer these too.

Ellen said...

I just wanted to note that, if you will recollect from my post, I was many many miles away from you 10 years ago and hopefully had nothing to do with your shitty junior year.

Genevieve said...

oh, yeah, me too! Although I came back in the spring...

Amy M. said...

It had nothing to do with the two of you. After all, you guys are still my good buddies. Frank and Vieve!