Thursday, October 27, 2005

Vieve Meme

Here is another meme cribbed from Vieve!

My uncle once: Told me I was going to hell for studying anthropology. In the middle of my cousin's wedding reception. I'm serious.

Never again in my life: will I get drunk off of red wine like I did last New Year's Eve.

When I was five: I began hating school when my teacher told me I was learning disabled and would have to go to a special school. (turns out I WASN'T so ha ha)

High school was: a time to find my inner strength and fight back. I learned to stand up for myself and the people I care about.

I will never forget: so many good times with my friends. But especially wearing chicken hats at Oktoberfest and dancing around like idiots.

I once met: Liza Minelli who was very concerned about the small tumor I had on my eyelid at that time. (I was about 7)

There is this girl I know who: genuinely gets excited about good news in her friends' lives. I think she is more excited about my wedding than I am. Thank you for your love and enthusiasm, Maya.

Once, at a bar: a strange guy touched my face and my friend Anna hit him in the face.

By noon I'm usually: fed up with work.

Last night I: watched "Schultze Gets the Blues" and read some of Zadie Smith's new book.

If I had only: been more active in my sorority in college, I'd have a lot more friends now.

Next time I go to church: should be this Sunday. I really need to take Communion.

What worries me most: is making friends in California.

When I turn my head right: a line of irritating customers.

When I turn my head left: my co-worker Greg who is dancing like a monkey.

You know I'm lying when: I say I love my job.

You know what I miss most about the 80s: my youth and lack of world-weariness.

If I were a character written by Shakespeare: I'd be Katrina from "Taming of the Shrew" or, on a good day, Beatrice from "Much Ado About Nothing."

By this time next year: I will have lived in California for almost a year and should be in a house.

A better name for me would be: I can't imagine. My parents chose this one especially for me.

I have a hard time understanding: Why people take advantage of the library.

If I ever go back to school I'll: get a Divinity degree from a Lutheran seminary.

You know I like you if: I tease and joke with you.

If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: my mom and Gary for supporting me.

Take my advice; never: smile at a crocodile.

My ideal breakfast is: half a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter.

A song I love but do not have is: hmmm... I don't know but I'm sure there are a lot.

If you visit my hometown, I suggest: Eating at my list of favorite restaurants such a Burger House, El Fenix and Peggy Sue BBQ.

Why won't anyone: go out anymore?

If you spend the night at my house, do: bring wine. And cookies.

I'd stop my wedding for: an earthquake.

The world could do without: George Bush Jr.

I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: kill someone.

My favorite blonde is: hmmm...Matthew McConaughey is more of a light brown huh?

Paper clips are more useful than: rubber bands

San Diego means: Jennifer's college town

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, technically, I am a blond. Oh, and an earthquake will not stop our wedding.

Genevieve said...

oh, red wine drunk can be bad! Especially if you're on an airplane flying to Germany. Highly un-recommended. It's why I don't drink on flights anymore.