Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I have realized that another personality quirk of mine is that I am a goal-oriented person. I have never thought of myself that way but I really am. I like to make lists and check things off. I like to work on a task until it is complete. But I also tend to get overwhelmed and side-tracked easily. Gary is not really a goal-oriented person. I wonder if this will be a trouble point between us. He is working on getting his real estate license right now. If it were me, I'd sit down and work through until I finish it as fast as possible. He's just kind of laid back about it. I'm much more worried about it than he is.

I am also not a math-oriented person. I had to take a career inventory for this job I am applying for and I had to answer about eight math questions in five minutes. I got through four. I get so panicky and then I can't think straight. (these were word problems that involved percentages etc....not simply addition and subtraction) When I was in 1st and 2nd grade, my teachers decided I was learning disabled and would never be able to learn with "normal" children because of my math skills. I think I have developed a complex about it. Now, I will probably not be eligible for this job because of my poor performance. Oh, well.

No comments: