Monday, February 12, 2007

I Want My $10

So, here is a fact you may not know about me. I love the Police. And Sting. I found them a little bit late. The Police broke up when I was 11. But it's better late than never. In high school, I would listen to "King of Pain" and "Message in a Bottle" with its poignant description of alienation in modern society and think that the Police were writing just about me. I took my enthusiasm with me to college where I was promptly dubbed "Sting" by my sorority.

So, when my mom called to tell me that the Police were opening the Grammys. Well....you can imagine my reaction. I don't care for the Grammys but you can bet I was sitting on the couch quivering with anticipation at 8pm. I placed a bet with Gary on what the Police would play. I had $10 on "Roxanne." Gary countered with "DeDoDoDo." Foolish man! Never go in against a Police fan when money is on the line!

Gary has since promised me that if the Police actually do a tour (which is a rumor I would love to come true) that we will go.

De do do do indeed.

(I am sorry for the lack of Freebies. I combed the internet this weekend but only found sketchy ones. I'll keep looking!)

1 comment:

Jasclo said...

I can't find your email address and I wanted to say thanks and give some details. I've netflixed the parrot movie, so I'm excited to see that.

Email me at my home address if have it or at telljasclo@gmail.com. (If you have a chance, of course.) I'll keep an eye on both accounts.