Thursday, February 01, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I am a fairly new knitter so I love trying new yarns. It is still hard for me to knit with yarn that is "fluffy" or that makes it hard to see my stitches. I am not a huge fan of acrylic because I find it itchy.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a homemade needle roll.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since last August. I took a class at my local yarn shop. I consider myself an advanced beginner/intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I have one at Amazon. Searchable by my real name.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I like light floral scents. I'm not a fan of musky scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Absolutely! I love chocolate. My favorite combo is chocolate and peanut butter. I also have a weakness for cookies.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am also a scrapbooker.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music. My favorite artists are Tori Amos, Tom Petty and Keb' Mo'. I am MP3 compatible.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like bright colors. Lately, I have been into pink.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am a newlywed with no kids and one cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear everything except for ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I have been knitting lots of scarves and I just learned how to knit socks. I'm about to start my first sweater.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A small afghan, my second sock, two scarves.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love handmade gifts! They are so much more personal!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I don't really have preference. It just depends on the project. I have not used aluminum needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I do not own either. I just have my LYS do it for me.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Three months.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love all holidays. But I especially love Halloween.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect Latin American folk art (especially Day of the Dead stuff) and signed first edition literature.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have lots of knitting books on my Amazon list. I subscribe to Interweave Knits and Knit.1

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I am really excited to learn how to knit a sweater. I also haven't tried a hat yet.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I just started knitting socks. I wear a size 8 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?
May 25

No comments: