Monday, February 05, 2007

LBC Daily Freebies Policy

I hope you have been enjoying the LBC Freebies of the Day. I thought I'd let you in on how I find them.

I check in with several freebie-based forums every day to see what people have been finding on the internet. I try to post the best of what I find on LBC. I have pretty strict rules about what I post.

1) It has to be a "no strings attached" freebie. Meaning, you can't be required to buy something or pay something to get the freebie.

2) It has to be from a reputable source.

3) I won't post things that I feel are abusing small companies or the purpose of the freebie. For example, if it is a small hair salon in Minnesota that is trying to get local business with freebies, I'm not going to post that. Also, if it is a company trying to market its products to other businesses, I won't post that either. I have seen some freebie addicts pose as things like "salon owners" just to get free hair products.

4) I will not post freebies meant for specific individuals. Case in point: there was a coupon that showed up on a forum not long ago for a free Staples product. It was meant for specific Staples customers but people were copying the coupon and editing it to be able to use it for themselves. I don't think that's right. I won't post things like that.

That being said, I will continue to try to post a freebie every day. If you don't see one right away, check back later in the day. If I don't find anything good, I won't post one. I can't guarantee that the freebies will always work or that they won't run out but, hey, it's free stuff!

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: