Thursday, April 08, 2004

I have decided that I am going to attend the 9am service at church on Easter and then do one of two things depending on the weather.

If it doesn't snow and it remains reasonably okay outside I will attend the special Easter hash event. We're going to run around outside in costumes.

OR

If the weather is rotten, I'll head over to the Denver Art Museum to see the new exhibit on Mexican Colonial Art.

There. I planned my own Easter. What a big girl I am.

I watched "House of Sand and Fog" last night. Lots of people told me it wasn't that great but I found it very moving. I felt sympathy for all of the characters. (Except that loser sheriff guy) And it was absolutely heartbreaking. No one was really in the wrong and yet a series of tragic events took place. It wasn't like there was one evil bad person to root against. In some ways, it reminded me of "Dirty Pretty Things" because it deals with some of the challenges that immigrants face. It must be so hard. So, if you are in the mood for something emotionally hardcore, watch "House of Sand and Fog."


No comments: