Tuesday, April 27, 2004

So, I just couldn't face another night at home so I went to the mall and saw "13 Going on 30." Now, I'm not the type of person to like cutsy stuff, but I really enjoyed it. The woman in the movie was my age and grew up in the 80's so it was really nostalgic. And I liked the message. It's no Academy award contender but it definitely made me feel good. All about being confident at 30 and happy with who you are. And since I'm upping the cheese factor today, I thought I'd add this quote from a song I like. But it's an embarrassing artist so I won't tell you who it is. If you recognize it, then you are just as cheesy as I am. Anyway, I thought this described me pretty well.

"The real me is a southern girl with her Levis on and an open heart
Wish I could save the world, like I was Supergirl
The real me used to laugh all night lying in the grass just talking about love
But lately I've been jaded life got so complicated"

Now, we'll see if I can get through the day talking as little as possible to help my voice heal. This will be difficult for a talker like me.



No comments: