Monday, June 28, 2004

So, we had our annual Red Dress run yesterday with my hash group. It is always delightful to see these beefy male runners wearing red dresses. I got some great pictures. After that, my friend Chucky (who is beyond generous) took me and two other women to see the new Cirque du Soleil show. We went VIP and it was so much fun! I even had my own umbrella man who walked me between tents in the rain. I felt like a celebrity. The show was wonderful. What a great way to showcase the magnificence of the human body. I wish I could be that strong and flexible.

After my wild weekend, I started thinking more about my Janus lifestyle. If I believed in astrology, I'd say that I'm a true Gemini. I've talked about the dichotomy in my life before but I have a new idea about it. I've always found it difficult to be someone who hangs out at clubs, attends a running and drinking group and has a liberal mentality as well as someone who is tender-hearted, a Sunday school teacher and a proper Junior League lady. This is why I cannot find a Christian man. Because I am too wild for those men. Christianity and my liberal lifestyle don't seem to mix. But then, what if God is using me in a special way. What if I am an example for all those people who are afraid of Christianity because it is too uptight or narrow. What if I'm meant to draw more people in because of my semi-unique way of life and morality? Then again, I'm sure many of my Christian friends would say I'm just trying to justify my sinful lifestyle. But it's still something to think about.


No comments: